The Pilgrims
(副标题:THE GOLDEN JOURNEY TO SAMARKAND)
英国诗人 James Elroy Flecker
We are the Pilgrims, Master
我们是朝圣者,上苍
We shall go always a little further,
我们将向更远的地方前行
It may be beyond the last blue mountain barred with snow,
将会超越覆盖着冰雪的蓝色山脉
Across that angry or glimmering sea …
穿过那闪耀着愤怒的大海
Go as a pilgrim and seek out danger
心如朝圣般追寻险境
Far from comfort and the well lit-avenues of life.
远离舒适平凡的光明大道
Pit your very soul against the unknown
用坚韧的灵魂直面未知世界
And seek stimulation in the company of the brave.
在勇者的队伍中寻求力量
Experience cold and hunger, heat and thirst
体验寒冷和温暖,饥饿和干渴
And survive to see another challenge and another dawn.
活着迎接下一个挑战和下一个黎明
Only then will you be at peace with yourself
这样你会找到真正的自己
And able to know and to say:
了然于心,侃侃而谈
“I looked down on the farthest side of the mountain
我看到过那山脉最远的地方
And, fulfilled and understanding all, I am cold and hunger, heat and thirst
身体力行,切身体会冷暖与饥饿
And survive to see another challenge and another dawn.
活着迎接下一个挑战和下一个黎明
I am truly content That I lived a full life
我坚信生活的意义
And one that was of my own choice”.
这就是我的选择